Radio Active Designs has introduced the production community’s first ever Enhanced Narrow Band™ wireless intercom system.
Enhanced Narrow Band™ offers RF channels possessing an occupied bandwidth of a mere 25 kHz with the audio characteristics one would expect from a traditional FM system. The UV-1G also utilizes the relatively unused VHF range for all belt pack portable devices. This leaves more room for operation of other wireless devices, such as In-Ear Monitors and Wireless Microphones.
! FCC Consumer Alert (U.S.)
Most users do not need a license to operate this wireless intercom system. Nevertheless, operating this wireless system without a license is subject to certain restrictions: The system may not cause harmful interference; it must operate at a low power level (not in excess of 50 milliwatts); and it has no protection from interference received from any other device. Purchasers should also be aware that the FCC is currently evaluating use of wireless microphone and similar systems, and these rules are subject to change.
This particular wireless microphone device operates in portions of the 617-652 MHz or 663-698 MHz frequencies. Beginning in 2017, these frequencies are being transitioned by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to the 600 MHz service to meet increasing demand for wireless broadband services. Users of this device must cease operating on these frequencies no later than July 13, 2020. In addition, users of this device may be required to cease operations earlier than that date if their operations could cause harmful interference to a 600 MHz service licensee’s wireless operations on these frequencies.
For more information, visit the FCC’s wireless microphone website at www.fcc.gov/wireless-microphones-guide or call the FCC at 1-888-CALL-FCC (TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC).
Version 2 Belt Pack Features:
- Headset microphone bias voltage supports any headset
- Belt pack battery life increased by 25%
- Temperature has decreased
- Belt pack audio vastly improved
- Headset output offers greater gain and more dynamic range
- With the latest firmware update in the base station, the system sounds better than any analogue wireless intercom on the market at this time
- Each channel has an occupied bandwidth of 25kHz
- Packs operate in the VHF Range which clears up valuable UHF spectrum for microphones and IEMs
- Operate 30 base stations with up to 180 belt packs in the same UHF footprint as a 1 base station 4 beltpack system that uses traditional FM technology
- UHF base to pack frequencies operate below allowed range of portable TVBDs
- Up to 6 belt packs to one base station
- Internal belt pack antennas
- Feed hundreds of belt packs from on antenna
- Audio quality of traditional FM intercom systems